WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: I want to turn off the annoying lightening bolt icon.

How to Turn Off the Lightning Bolt Icon in Word 2004 for Macs
  1. Open Microsoft Word on your Mac.
  2. Click on the "Word" menu in the top left corner of the screen.
  3. Select "Preferences" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the Preferences window, click on the "AutoCorrect" icon.
  5. In the AutoCorrect tab, uncheck the box next to "Set left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces."
  6. Click "OK" to save your changes.

This should turn off the lightning bolt icon that appears when you indent twice in Word 2004 for Macs. If you still see the icon after following these steps, try restarting Word and your computer to ensure the changes take effect.