Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
michalaw michalaw is offline

Default export form data to tab-delimited file?

I'm trying to help a co-worker extract the data from a Word form. She is
running into a problem, because going through the "save data only for forms"
method produces a comma-delimited .txt, and several of her respondents used
commas in completing some of the form fields. So, what is intended to be one
response to one question appears in several columns when we import the .csv
into Excel. It seems to me that the easiest way around this is to have Word
create the .txt file using some other delimiter, like a tab or a vertical
bar. Is there any way to do that?

In a related question, do anyone know of a better way to import multiple
..txt files into Excel than going through the Import Text Wizard for each
indiviudal file?