Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Printing A6 Envelopes

As far as I can see it's a Word limitation that prevents you from specifying
an envelope size smaller than 6.4in in the Envelopes and Labels dialog box.
Strange, because it lists E6 size which is 110mm x 155mm and whose width is
therefore under the minimum allowed in the custom size.

I can't see a way around that /in this dialog/.

What I'd probably do is
a. create an A6-sized document based loosely on the layout created by the
Envelopes and Labels function, with the return address already filled in if
all your users use the same one, or leave it blank.
b. save it as a Word template (.dot) if your users are used to working with
them, or as a .doc if that's what they know
c. create a new toolbar in the .dot/.doc you just saved, and drag the
Insert Address button to it
d. resave

Peter Jamieson
"Rich Kooyer" wrote in message
We have a few different people who want to print A6 envelopes. The
printer
manufacturer has the dimensions for A6 as 105mm x 148mm or 4.1" x 5.8".
Word
creates the error and resizes the width to 6.4".

I have configured my default printer to three different models of
All-in-Ones to see if any of them will accept this setting. What options
are
there for feeding the A6 dimensions into the Custom Size dialog box or
elsewhere?

The E6 envelope with minimum widths selected is within postal regulations
but not extremely professional.