juntjoo juntjoo is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
Sounds like you don't need tables at all, but rather Text Boxes.

Each line is a specific width, set by the margins of the paragraph. If your
left margin is indented, then there isn't enough room on that line to fit a
whole line's worth of stuff on it. If the stuff is merely two rectangles,
then the second one gets pushed onto a new line.

On Wednesday, August 9, 2017 at 3:31:05 PM UTC-4, juntjoo wrote:
Peter T. Daniels;496812 Wrote:
There's no way to see from that what you've done -- but clearly because
the
lower left one is indented, there isn't room for another one beside it
--
but why not simply make a Table with four cells that fills the page?

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 9:31:09 PM UTC-4, juntjoo wrote:-
http://tinyurl.com/yakfz83l

that's the file. for some reason the yellow table is pushed into a
new
page which I don't want. I just want the four on one page but don't
understand what's getting in the way.-

Thanks. what do you mean by "indented" not allowing room next to it?

I actually started out with one table of four cells actually, but I
needed more control over each cell as when printing four postcards, the
point of all this, the interior alignment combine with differing page
margins(top left cell has upper left margins while lower right has lower
right ones) results in slightly different ultimate margins for each
card. So I'm trying to gain control of each cell individually to move
them separately as needed.

And I actually got an Avery template which uses four separate tables,
but it confused me so I'm just starting from scratch with the objective
to learn how Word works with tables in general as they're always causing
me problems

--
juntjoo
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8n1g0vm4s...-01_L.doc?dl=0

and what are these boxes behind the four tables? are these text boxes? whatever they are, what are their purpose? from I can see you put your content right into the tables. I believe this is the avery template.