Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tara.aukerman tara.aukerman is offline

Default I need to improve resolution of a PDF generated by Word.

The screen capture application captures at 96dpi, but I've tried increasing
the image resolution to 300 and 600.

Using PDFWriter, the document displays and prints perfectly with the 96dpi
images.

Using Word's add-on, the images are pixelated at 96. At 300 and 600, the
images print pretty well, but don't display correctly onscreen.

I need both to look stellar. The reason I can't use PDFWriter: it doesn't
capture the linking from the TOC and from inserted links to other places
within the document.

Any suggestions?

Tara

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Tara,

What resolution and graphic file type are the pictures that you're inserting in Word and how are you inserting them?

If you use a PDF printer (for example http://cutepdf.com) do you get the same result?
==============

"tara.aukerman" wrote in message

Using the add-on found here
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)
and no other version of Adobe product, I can generate a PDF from a Word doc
(2007 version).

The PDF is perfect, except that the resolution is so low that my images are
pixellated. I'm creating print documentation for software, so I have to have
at least a 300dpi (preferably 600dpi) resolution.

How do I adjust the resolution of the PDFs created by this add-on?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP