LSCDMC LSCDMC is offline
Junior Member

Default Error related to trying to compare Word docs in 2010

Hi, thanks in advance for the help.
I'm attempting to compare two documents in MSWord Office 2010. I'm not new to doing document comparisons with 2 Word docs. I keep getting an error message that says, "You cannot merge these documents because document protection is in effect." However, I've gone into each of the two documents that I'm trying to compare (both of which are also MS Word docs) and made sure that no password protection is on in either one via the Review tab / Protect button feature. One doc had been protected, so I opened it with the password, saved it without reinstating any type of protection, and closed it. Then I tried again, and got the same error message. So I closed out of Word, making sure that each doc closed, in case it was a matter of simply "refreshing" the settings, and that didn't work, either. I get the same error message each time.
Is there some other from of "protection" on that I may not be seeing? Thanks!