Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bettina Bettina is offline

Default Color Palette change in Word 2003

Sure. Thank you for responding Tony.

In excel, under tools, options, color, you can literally change the existing
palette colors. This is the same palette that appears in word. Standard
colors: 5 in each column, 8 rows across.

My question is: why can't I do the same in word?

Please let me know if you need any more info.
Thanks again.
--
Bettina

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

My apologies - I just checked in Excel (2003) and colours in drawings work
the same way as in Word (PowerPoint is slightly - but only slightly -
different because of themes). The limit to 56 colours - and the changeable
palette - is in a worksheet itself, not in a drawing (superimposed on a
worksheet).

So it seems we are not talking about exactly the same thing so could you
give precise detail of what you are doing and the differences you are seeing
in Word and in Excel.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Bettina" schreef in bericht
Hi.

How would a user know that they have more access to colors in word versus
excel.

To me, the palettes look the same (something like 5 shades of 8 different
colors) to choose from.

If you don't mind, please explain.
Thanks.
--
Bettina

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Yes, but in Excel (pre-2007 anyway) you don't have access to more than a
56-colour palette in any one workbook, whereas in Word (post-2000) you
have
16 million colours all available at once. I think Powerpoint may be
different again - but don't quote me on that.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Bettina" schreef in bericht
Bummer. I thought that was the case although you can change the palette
in
both PPT and Excel.

Maybe you wouldn't mind telling Microsoft to add that ability so that
people
can reach up to the colors they want without using styles.

I appreciate your response.
Thank you.
--
Bettina

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

I don't believe there is any way to change the colours that are
initially
shown but you can always select More Fill Colors to get any colour you
want.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Bettina" schreef in bericht
Hello.

A way to access (and understand) where the palette is would be by
creating
box (drawing tool must be open) and clicking to choose a color. The
entire
palette will show if you click to choose a fill color.

Do you understand what I'm seeking to change?

Thank you.
--
Bettina

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

Word doesn't have a colour palette. What are you trying to change
amd/or
where are you trying to use one or think you see one?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Bettina" schreef in bericht
How can I change the existing palette in word?

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.
--
Bettina