Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
leahl[_2_] leahl[_2_] is offline

Default How do I assign keyboard shortcuts myself? eg Keep with next?

Wow! Am I glad to find you guys... I was reading your answer to kt and found
my answer to keyboard shortcuts... creating columns - section breaks...
thanks!
--
Leah L. Hinds
Project Manager, Training & Support

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I'm often wrong when speaking on the fly or off the cuff, but I had
specifically looked that one up before answering (I don't trust Word 2007 to
have *anything* that I could count on in Word 2003).

I should know better than to question you.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I beg to differ, Doug. In Word 2007, click the arrow on the end of the QAT
and choose More Commands... (or go through Office Button | Word Options |
Customize). Click the Customize... button next to "Keyboard shortcuts." In
the Categories list, scroll down to All Commands. In the Commands list,
select ParaKeepWithNext and assign a shortcut

Of course, the user first has to find Customize. But even then, there
is no command for "Keep with next" to which a keyboard short cut can be
added. A macro is required.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Yes.

In Word 2007?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Why not just use Customize | Keyboard | All Commands to assign a
shortcut directly to ParaKeepWithNext?

On the Developer tab, click on Record Macro, then on the Keyboard
button and assing the desired shortcut, then record the action of
formatting the paragraph so that it is kept with next.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"kt" wrote in message
In the new version of Word does anyone know how to assign a
keyboard shortcut
as you could in the old version of Word through
Tools/Customise/keyboard
shortcut?