Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Change position of return address on envelope

There is nothing on my web page that would put a 'picture of an envelope' in
your document. It recommends ADDING an envelope to a blank document as a
simple means of accessing the various parts of the envelope. If you have
added that envelope to your normal template and the saved the template then
it will remain - see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

With the envelope page on screen you can easily access the two styles and
format them as you wish.

It might be simpler if you downloaded the #10 envelope samples from my web
site and used those to create envelopes. Using the organizer -
Alt+F8 Organizer - you can copy the two envelope styles from the template
to the normal template.

Tony Girgenti wrote:
Hello.

I'm using MS Word 2007 SP2 to print an address on a size 10 envelope
(4 1/8 x 9 1/2) on a HP Deskjet 855c.

When i print individual envelopes, using Mailings/Envelopes dialog
box, it prints the address OK, but when it prints the return address,
it prints about an inch from the top left side and about a half inch
down from the top of the envelope.

I tried using the information from he
http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm

All that did was put a picture of an envelope in my document and now
i can't get rid of it. It did not change the position of the printed
return address.

I am not doing any kind of fancy mail merge with a form letter or
anything like that. Just a simple envelope print.

Does anybody know how to change where the return address prints
without putting a picture of an envelope in my document?

Also, does anybody know how to get rid of the envelope in my document?

Thanks,
Tony