Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
David Dolbec David Dolbec is offline

Default How do I get the merge fields to not print gray

It was originally created in Word 2003.
Any shading was turned off (borders, fonts, shading, etc.).

There was an added package to MSword called "Wordlink" . I de-installed it
prior to creating the new document. So I think that "Wordlink" may have been
creating the problem.

Thanks

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?RGF2aWQgRG9sYmVj?=,

I have no idea why the other document persists with the gray shading.

Was this document originally created in Word 2003 or 2000?

If you delete a merge field and insert it again, new, does the gray
shading persist? Or does it go away for that field?

How about if you copy/paste some text (without any paragraph marks)
into a new document?

Finally - to not overlook the obvious - if you click in such a merge
field then go to Format/Borders and Shading/Shading: is a gray shading
applied to this text?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org