Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Prateeksha Prateeksha is offline

Default Heading Styles Numbering Problem.

Hello All,

I am creating a framework design document in Word 2003. I have used 4 levels
of headings - Heading 1-4. The first 2 levels display properly whereas the
level
3 and 4 headings appear in a wierd fashion. For example. After 3 (Heading 1)
3.1, 3.2 etc., appears (Heading 2), later Heading 3 appears as 2.3.1 and
Heading 4 appears as 1.3.2.1. I am unable to understand this phenomena. I
have defined the styles in a the appropriate manner i.e., filled in the
appropriate details in all the fields - Previous Level Number, Link Level to
Style, Restart Numbering After etc.

Please guide me and provide the solution for this problem I face. Thanks to
all.

Vidya.