RJRocheteau

Suzanne,
Thanks very much indeed for your nifty solution! I gave it a try and
found it works very well. Appreciate the simple and elegant solution. Took
me a little while to come to grips with anchoring the box in the
non-repeating row, but after that, it was a snap. Again, many thanks!

Jeff Rocheteau

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no built-in way to do this. If you don't mind repeating the entire
heading followed by the continued line, add it to the repeating heading and
then, on the first page, cover it with an AutoShape or text box (no line and
white fill) anchored to a paragraph in the first row of the table.

"RJRocheteau" wrote in message
I know how to select the first row in a table, containing my table heading

or
title, and make it repeat on the next page, when the table overlaps the

end
of the page.

How do I get Word to recognize that the table has spanned more than one

page
and on the second and subsequent pages, repeat the Table Title but with

the
word "CONTINUED", or "(Cont.)", or similar, appended to the end of the

Table
Title.

Thanks in advance for any help.