Charles Kenyon

You can insert borderless Frames to hold your fields and restrict their
size, I believe. There is a button for frames on the Forms toolbar.

What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." For more
about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Montanagrizfans" wrote in
message ...
Hi Suzanne: Thank you so much for your quick reply!

To make myself clear, what you're telling me is --The only way to avoid
the
text moving is to have a "borderless" table? I guess I was hoping you
didn't
have to do that because the original application I was trying to
manipulate
is in size 7 font and 3 pages - creating a table and redoing the app
wasn't
something time permitting. However, I do appreciate your time! Thanks &
Have a great day :-) Janie

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Users generally find it expedient to put form fields into a (borderless)
table and set exact row height and preferred column width for the cells
containing form fields.

so
all may benefit.

"Montanagrizfans" wrote in
message ...
When I enter too many characters in the form field, it will move the
text

the next line. I need it to be stationary. I don't have a clue how to

word
this correctly, so hopefully that makes sense. This form is an

application
with NO tables of any sort.