Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Tm9ybWFuIExvd2U=?=,

Here's what we tried: we moved the top item down in the list and what had
been the second item became the default "first" item. It then showed as the
default item but could not be selected. The one we wanted to use was
available since it had become the second item in the list.

We put them back in the original order and the original problem returned.

What if I were to attach the file to a reply so you could see it in action?
Is that an option in the forum?

If not, then I can list the items, but the person who has that file is out
of the office for a couple of days and I do not know how soon she can email
me the file.

If I look at a file, I charge consulting rates :-) It would also make sense for
you to test a new dropdown field (and also a new field in a different doc) with
the same items before you list them here. If it's simply a damaged field in the
document, that should fix it.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org