Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leprakawn Leprakawn is offline

Default Black line across top of page « How do I remove it?

Hello, all!

I received a 5-pg word document, and I was asked to help remove a black line
that runs across the top of each page. The page margins are ¼ of an inch,
but the line itself is roughly at ¼ from the top.

I am unable to select it, and when I go to headers/footers, the line turns
gray, and I am unable to do anything with it there. I thought it might have
something to do with the paragraph border, but that is not it either. And
when I insert a sixth page, the line appears at the top of that page, too. :-/

Does anyone here have any thoughts of what I can do to remove it?

Thanks for your help!