Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
AngloAlly

Default mail merge field for telephone numbers; what switches?

MS OFFICE v. 2002
I would like to format a merge field in a Word mail merge document like the
telephone number formating in Excel, 3 digits for area code-3 digits
exchange-4 digits number, with the dashes. The data bases I'm using are
either from trade show attendees who swipe badges and the fields are
pre-formatted or if I enter the data the column is formatted in Excel for
telephone numbers so I just enter all 10 digits and it formats itself. Once
I insert the field code into the document, what switches can be applied to
have it print out in the merged document like xxx-xxx-xxxx.