Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thnyoung thnyoung is offline

Default Word Hyperlink: Opening & Returning

I have been having the same problem that CEB describes, namely wanting to get
back to where the hyperlink was from my bookmark/hyperlink destination.

I tried the two different key combinations (alt + left arrow, shift + F5)
and they took me to different places in my document and in other documents.
Sometimes they took me to where I wanted to go, other times they didn't. So
it seems like they work by a different logic than "go back to where you were
before following the hyperlink" but I can't quite tell what that logic is!
Does anyone else?

Any other ideas about how to get back to the place the hyperlink launched
from?

thanks

"CEB" wrote:

I have created many hyperlinks to launch to other locations within the same
Word 2003 document. However, I have two complications. First, in order to
launch the hyperlink I must right click and then select €śopen hyperlink€ť from
the pop-up menu. How do I arrange for the hand icon to appear with its
finger pointing at the hyperlink? If I could make the hand appear then I
would just have to click on the hyperlink to launch it. Second, I dont see
any method that would allow me to return to the original hyperlink once the
referenced section is viewed. To make a €śreturn to€ť hyperlink at the
referenced section will not meet my needs because I often have multiple
hyperlinks throughout the document launching to a single section, and it
would not be expedient to locate multiple €śreturn to€ť hyperlinks next to a
single referenced section. Is there a way to allow a reader to return easily
to the original hyperlink?