Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Murtaza

Default Cross Referencing (I think!)

I have few Custom text field one of them is 'CompanyName', and i want to use
them while I drafting.
I am drafting a company written procedures, obviously its a lenghty
document.

this is how i want to use those custom fields while drafting:
......The content of a manual does not constitute nor should it be construed
as a promise of employment or as a contract between Co and any of its
employees....

In above example, I wish if "CO" automatically changes to refrence Field
with this fieldcode '{DOCPROPERTY "CompanyName" \*MERGEFORMAT}....just like
how AutoText work. OR Alternatively, if I can assign som keyboard shortcut
to insert this field.

Am I sound boring?

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
If you want the same cross-reference at multiple locations (within a
document), you can use copy and paste. An AutoText entry would be
pointless unless you know for certain that your document always has a
bookmark named CompanyName in it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Murtaza" wrote in message
thanks a lot. it worked

Now could you please tell me the fastest way to insert this field

"REF
CompanyName \*charformat"

Will AutoText work?

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Add a charformat swith to the ref field eg {REF Bookmarkname

\*charformat }

Murtaza wrote:
Can I do this without formatting?

I want to insert 'Refrence' without formatting, in fact it

should be
formatted where it placed.

Regards,
Murtaza

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
On the Insert menu, click Reference, and then click

Cross-reference.
Choose a "Reference type" (such as "Heading" or "Numbered

paragraph")
and then, at "Insert reference to", pick the desired type of
reference (text or number).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"DLee" wrote in message
Hi

I've created a legal document with specific clauses in. I

need to
be able to update the reference to specific clauses if the

main
clause changes!! (if you follow what I mean)

eg Clause 5.1 (if the original Clause changes to 4.1) I want

the
reference to update automatically. How do I do this?