Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John Salerno John Salerno is offline

Default Linking text to bullet numbering?

"John Salerno" wrote in message
"DeanH" wrote in message
Well, when I follow your steps, I am able to turn "Section 2", for
example, into a link to whichever bulleted line I select beneath "Numbered
List" (in this case, the 2 became a 4). But when I then tested it out by
adding a new bullet, which changed the bullet #4 to a 5, I did Ctrl+A, F9
to refresh the link, but the link remained as "Section 4" and did not
become 5. Why didn't that work?

I even tried it on a new document just to make sure it wasn't the one I was
working with (which I didn't create myself). When I did it myself, the field
properly updated *once*, but when I kept adding new bullets (and therefore
changing the number of the section I want to reference) the link did not
update any more after the first time.