Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bobcdy bobcdy is offline

Default footnotes and epub ebook

I'm using word 2003 to prepare an ebook. The original text is a very old
(1802) science book that has many long footnotes. When I finally set up the
ebook, it is probably best to congregate all the footnotes t the end of the
book, and it appears simplest to copy/paste all the footnotes one at a time
to that location. Eventually I need to convert the word document to plain
utf-8 text. On a short test doc my word 2003 crashes when I do this and I
think it is because of the footnotes.

Is it possible to relocate the footnotes as I'd like, and is there any way
to convert the footnotes to plain non-footnote text without losing the text
and placement of the footnotes.

Thanks for the help!
Bob