Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sylvain Sylvain is offline

Default Spell check or Print in Word 2003 freeze when smart tags are used with a ToC

Hello,

I have written my own task pane document actions pane with the smart
tags techology, framework 1.1, and I have tagged my word document and
added text.

If I happen to add a word generated Table of Contents to the document
in between any smart tag, the print preview, the print and spell check
functionalities will freeze, and I have to stop the WINWORD process.

I do not have this problem is my document is only attached to a schema,
if I attach the manifest to it, hence having code behind embeded in the
task pane, then it becomes a problem.

Has anyone had this problem? will going to VSTO fix this problem, or
Office 2007?

Thanks,

sylvain.