Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

Default How to add more than 1 custom margin setting word 2007

Cocksy Boy,

Are the different margin settings for different documents or the same
document?
If they are for different documents, you should setup a template for each
type of margin. Then everytime you create a new document based on that
template your margins will be set as you want them.

For: How to Create a Word Template, see:
http://word.mvps.org/fAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart2.htm

If you're wanting to set different sections of a document with different
margins, you can do this too, but I would suggest exploring other options
first. But that depends on why you need to have different margins. Perhaps
you could give us a list of the margin setting you need and a brief
discription telling us why you needed the different margin settings.

Steven Craig Miller

"Cocksy Boy" wrote:

Hi there all,

I am using word 2007 and want to add a number of custom margin settings, or
change the 'microsoft default' margin settings.

Basically, I have 3 or 4 page layouts (with different margins) that i use
for work, and none of them are the same as any of the microsoft standard
margin settings. At the moment, every time i need to change the margin, i
need to type the settings in manually.

What i want to do is save my 4 settings and add them to the 5 existing
'standard' options, or failing that, change the 5 existing microsoft settings
to my own ones.

Is there any way to do this? Many thanks!