Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default paragraph spacing in a STYLE applies within the paragraph

Are you sure the paragraphs are paragraphs? That is, make sure that each
line in the paragraph is not a separate paragraph. To check, display
nonprinting characters (Ctrl+* or click Show/Hide ¶ on the Standard toolbar)
and make sure there is not a paragraph mark (¶) at the end of each line.

"eric matschke" eric wrote in message
I use styles in my Word docs and sometimes in part of the document (not

all
of it) some of the lines within a paragraph apply the "space before" and
"space after" paagraph settings. In other words some of the paragraphs

look
double spaced and some of them don't. If I remove the space before and

after
the paragraph, then the single spacing looks correct, but then there is no
space between paragraphs.