Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default No Tab indent in Bullets and Numbering?

Depending on version (which it's always helpful to state):

Word 2002/2003: Tools | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You Type: "Set
left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces."

Word 97/2000: Tools | Options | Edit: "Tabs and backspace set left indent."

"Justin" wrote in message
oiWhen I'm making an outline with bullets and/or numbering, I used to be

able
to hit the tab key to increase the indent, and produce the next number in

on
the outline. Likewise, I could hit Shift+Tab and the indent would

decrease.
Now the only thing that happens when I hit tab is the cursor moves as if I
was indenting for a new paragraph. PLEASE HELP! How do I fix this?