Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EasyFormatGuy EasyFormatGuy is offline

Default Column and Page Break Problem

I have Word 2002. I have set up a simple two column page. At the top of the
each column is a Header Style (Bold text with background shading black
background with white text) and then plain old Body Text. At the end of the
body text I end with a paragraph return then insert a column break to start
at the top of the next column.

I start the next column with the same Header Style and then the next para is
body text. Simple eh? Except that the column break in the first column is
formatted (attached) to the 2nd columns Header Style thus an unwanted black
bar appears at the bottom of the first column. The work around seems to just
keep hitting Enter until the text is forced to the next column instead of
inserting a column break. An awful workaround I agree. Any solutions out
there?