Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Linda4343 Linda4343 is offline

Default auto text, auto correct, auto complete

I just switched from Word 2000 to 2007. In Word 2000 I was able to start a
letter with the date and was prompted to the name of the month and then the
actual date. All I had to do was hit "enter". In addition, when I started
typing "Dear ..." I was prompted to "Dear Sir or Madam:". These examples
are a few that come to mind at the moment. I have picked up three books
from the library for answers, but I can't find any. As I am taking Power
Point and Excel classes I told my instructor that this feature is gone in
2007. He immediately went to his computer and lo and behold, it works on
his!!!!! I don't know what I am doing wrong, or am I missing something. I
have tried the "auto text replace" feature, but it doesn't do what Word 2000
did. I have spent hours and hours both on the computer and books. I am
totally frustrated. Please help!!!!! Linda Morrow