Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Wood Jim Wood is offline

Default Grayscale option in Word 2007

Thanks, JoAnn,

That was easy! What I miss, however, is an indication of the change
having been done. Before you could click the photo, open the Format/Picture
box, and see that the color photo had been reset to grayscale. The grayscale
icon in Word '07 does not appear to be highlighted or otherwise indicate that
the clicked photo adheres to that option.

Jim

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Right-click on the picture - Format picture - Picture - Recolor - Color
modes - the fist one is grayscale.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jim Wood" wrote in message
Earlier versions of Word had a Format/Picture option of changing an
imported
color picture to grayscale or even 1-bit black-and-white. I have found
most
of the other commands, but can't find this one. Is it there, or do photos
and scans have to be 'decolorized' before they are imported into Word?