Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Yuri Budnyatsky Yuri Budnyatsky is offline

Default Can't type in Word 2007

This is a brand new installation. I did not have any prior beta or trial
versions or 2007. The computer clock is exactly right. How come could the
trial period (60 days) expire if trial Office 2007 became available only
past week? Besides, it's not that I can't edit an existing document with the
date over 60 days. I open a brand new doc and can't type any single
character. The message at the bottom about locked section rather than expired
trial period. If the latter were true I would not probably have been able to
open Word at all. Besides, I can edit Excel file no problem.

Any suggestions?

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

This would indicate that the trial period has expired so all documents will
be locked for editing. This seems strange if you have just downloaded it.
Did you activate it on line? Did you have a beta version installed prior to
this? Is the calendar (clock) on your computer set to the correct date?

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Yuri Budnyatsky" wrote in
message ...
Just installed a trial version, opened Word and can't type any single
charachter. It keeps showing message at the bottom 'The modification is
not
allowed because the section is locked'. What section? What locked? It's a
brand new document. Excell works fine. Did any body else go thru this?