Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Ellis Don Ellis is offline

Default Selecting sentence/paragraph with keyboard

Hi Luc,

Thanks for pointing out the F8 selection technique, even though it's an
incredible nuisance (pressing 3 or 4 times and then needing Esc to get out of
that selection mode? Amazing...).

I've used WordPerfect for 20 years and one thing I like about it is the
convenience of setting what I consider basic keystrokes. Go to their keyboard
mapping and you find "Select Sentence" and "Select Paragraph" -- you then
just assign it to a key combination. It's something I wish Word would copy.

As for the [space][en dash][space], I might as well keep doing it the way
I'm doing it. There aren't any unique keystrokes I can think of that are less
trouble than Spacebar, Alt-/ for the en dash, and Spacebar.

I appreciate the input. Thanks again.

Don

"Luc" wrote:

Don,
For the selection part, you could use F8, press three times for a sentence
four times for a paragraph.
For the second part, maybe use an AutoCorrect item. Type [space][en
dash][space select it, go to Tools- AutoCorrectoptions, type a unique
character in the replace box, paste your selection in the replace with box.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)