Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Ellis Don Ellis is offline

Default Selecting sentence/paragraph with keyboard

Hi Lene,

I dont know exactly what you did to copy the macros and what went
wrong.

As a teacher, you can never know what mischief your students will get up to
-- or what misconceptions are lurking in their untutored minds.

My years of WordPerfect experience make me view macros as individual
entities. What I didnt expect was to put two or more macros in a single file
before saving. So I was creating my Sentence macro and saving. And then
creating a Paragraph macro which automatically overwrote it.

It was this sentence in your instructions that turned on the light...

Copy the SelectCurrentParagraph macro from the newsgroup and paste it
below the other macros.

So I did. And now they both work.

Thanks again for taking the time to explain all this. You may not get paid,
but you have my undying appreciation... and thats no joke. Two things kept
me from switching totally from WordPerfect to Word: 1) the Sentence/Paragraph
keystrokes, and 2) Words awful handling of tables in versions before 2007.

So I spent my days writing in WordPerfect, converting to Word, then bringing
the document into Word for fine-tuning before sending it off to other Word
users. Thats how much I liked WP.

With your help getting over this initial speed bump, I may just focus on
learning the quirks of Word now. (A task that would be simpler with a manual,
so I suppose I should buy one, especially considering my disdain for online
help files.)

Again, thank you. Youve made a huge difference.

Cheers,

Don

Thanks also to Jay, whose message I also missed.

I think the problem is the time lag between someone's posting and the
website's displaying. Once you scroll past an area with no new messages, you
tend not to visit that area again.