WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to Show/Hide inserted merge fields

Yes, there is a Show/Hide feature in Microsoft Word that allows you to view and edit the inserted merge fields. Here are the steps to show/hide the merge fields:
  1. Open your merge document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Mailings" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Preview Results" button in the "Preview Results" group.
  4. This will show you a preview of your merged document with the merge fields replaced by the data from your data source.
  5. Click on the "Show/Hide" button in the "Preview Results" group.
  6. This will display all the merge fields in your document with a gray background.
  7. You can now edit the merge fields as needed.
  8. To hide the merge fields again, simply click on the "Show/Hide" button again.

I hope this helps you locate and edit your merge fields more easily!