rocketman60

It's not really a problem except that it seems that it's happening on only
about 25% of the systems. And they are receiving the error message,
""Unexpected error; quitting" every time they open an attachment. They can
click Ok and it opens the document but it's aggravating every time it
happens.

"AA2e72E" wrote:

I believe that Outlook is create an instance of WORD as an automation server.
Therefore, new sessions of Word will open.

Why is this a problem?

If there is a problem, you can save the attachments to a specified location
and then open each file in an existing WORD session.

"rocketman60" wrote:

We recently installed Exchange and Outlook 2003 in our office and several
people are having a problem with Word attachments. The problem is that they
will get an e-mail with several Word attachments and every time they open one
of the attachments, another new session of Word opens. When I say session I
mean Word opens again instead of just opening a new document window. I know
this because I can choose File, Exit and the only window that closes is the
current window. Any ideas? O, we are using Word XP.