Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Word 2000 - how can I view tmp file containing pasted webpages?

You probably can't. The temporary files Word creates are not necessarily
copies of the document.

jp wrote:
I was pasting some webpages from a website onto my word document but
before I could save it, the system hung. after rebooting and
returning to word, the file was not recovered. however, i found the
tmp file and i opened it in Word but everything was in garbage
characters. can anyone advise how i can retrieve my data proper in
this tmp file? many thks in advance.