Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default How to resolve incorrect formatting getting applied within Wor

Your problem might be caused by either "Automatically update document
styles" being checked in Tools | Templates and Add-ins or (even more likely)
"Define styles based on your formatting" at Tools | AutoCorrect Options |
AutoFormat As You Type.

http://word.mvps.org

"MBod" wrote in message
I am having the same problem and reading the article doesn't explain why it
happens.
For example I'll save a word document with a table having a specific table
style.

When I reopen the document the table appears in a style not related to it
or
any of the paragraphs with the table, for example note text.

Its a great feature but if you can't rely it's worthless.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

What you are seeing is caused by the table styles; see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jason Nichols" wrote in message
I have experienced a formatting issue that only ever occurs within
tables
in
Word documents. I use Word templates with styles defined, and from time
time in documents attached to those templates, styles within tables
will
appear with incorrect formatting. When I check, the proper style is
applied
to the text in the table, and that style is still defined correctly, so
can't see why the table text appears incorrectly.

For example, in several documents, when I select a particular table in
order
to sort its contents, the font in the table changes from Times New
Roman
Tahoma.

On other occasions, I will open a document that looked perfectly fine
before, but now shows table text that has the formatting properties of
completely different style than is actually applied to that text.

Running the "Open and Repair" function on these documents does not
resolve
the issue. Any guidance you can provide on how to avoid/resolve this
issue
is
appreciated.

I am using Word 2003. Thank you.