Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Default same comment on two lines of text

No, there is no way to do this. Everything in a Word document is anchored to
a range: by definition, a range is a single, contiguous stretch of document,
delimited by single start and end points. So you can't anchor anything to
multiple locations.

Some possible workarounds
- use textboxes and lines.
- use different color highlighting, with an explanation 'Yellow highlighting
means low-cal, blue means the chef was on speed that day, etc'

"PinkFloydFan" wrote in message
Let me just ask if there can be a one-to-many comment structure in Word.

I want to tie one comment, to several (logical) occurrences in a document
with several sequences of like information.

Think of the document as being a menu in a restaurant. I want to point out
all the menu items that are low cal. with one "low cal." comment. I want
point out all the "fat free" items with another comment.

I'm almost sure Word will not do this, but just wanted to ask...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I suggest you word your comment in such a way that it is obvious what
you're
commenting on.

so
all may benefit.

"PinkFloydFan" wrote in message
Lets say I'm writing a document that requires me to note a relationship
between two line items.

I've tried highlighting two non-consecutive parts of the document using

the
Ctrl key while selecting each section of the document. This works as
you
would expect.
However, when I try to associate the new comment to the multi-selected

text,
only the very last selection in the group has the comment balloon

connected.
I would like to see two separate connection lines drawn from the one

comment
balloon to the two (or more) text segments highlights.

Can this be done?