Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default creating "pop up" message boxes in Word 2003 table Win 2K O/S

Hi ?B?dG9yYWp1ZG8=?=,

How can I create a message that appears when user tabs into a specific cell
in a table? I need to post instructions for user to enter certain data when
landing in the cell. I played with fields but could not get the message box
to appear. Since I am dealing with a table, am I better off using Excel and
the Data Validation tool?

Excel is certainly worth considering, if you're working with a table, and
calculations, and such.

You can do what you describe in Word, but it will involve "non-trivial" macro
coding. You'd need to use trap WindowSelectionChange event, figure out whether
the user just entered the cell in question and, if he did, display the message.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)