Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Auto Text Entries

As Suzanne says... not quite the same (or as good) as previous AutoText as
there are no AutoComplete pop-ups (except for dates).

Terry

"Jan" wrote in message
Thanks Terry. Is there a keyboard stroke that can be used to enter the
"Quick Part" without having to stop typing and clicking on Insert and
Quick Parts ? (Whose dumb idea was this anyway ?? !!)

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
AutoText is now called Quick Parts and is under the Insert menu. However,
you can still use it like Autotext by creating your text, selecting it
and using Alt+F3 to create a new Quick Part. Note that the dialog is now
slightly different. If you click on the Gallery option, you'll note that
the top choice is still called Autotext! You can add Insert, AutoText to
the QAT.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Jan" wrote in message
Word 2007 - I have several (consecutive) paragraphs I would like to
enter into a document by simply typing a few characters, but can't seem
to find where to make the entry. There are more than 255 characters, so
I can't use Auto Correct. Where's Auto Text hiding ?