Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
laneymills

Default word locks up under my login but works perfectly for wife's lo

Thanks, it will be a day or so before i can try that, but what you suggest
makes sense. I'll let you know. lm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a bit different in the Corporate Edition.

Search for : officeav.dll

If you find it then go to Start/Run and run the following command:

regsvr32 /u "path\officeav.dll"

Here is a KB article that provides a few additional details. It does
not include information on Norton CE but it will contain additional
details on the unregister command if you need them:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820

"laneymills" wrote in message
Is that disabling done somewhere in word or somewhere in norton antivirus.

am using my universitiy's norton antivirus corporate edition version 10.

don't see in its configuration anywhere to disable word from its list of
attention.

Thanks, lrm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Start by disabling the Office Plug-in in Norton AntiVirus in your

profile.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"laneymills" wrote in message
word locks up under my login but works perfectly for wife's login.

It's
windows xp professional. Also I have the dreaded "requesting virsu

scan"
45
second delay every time I open word. Under my wife's login, I don't

get
the
"requesting virus scan". I have done a word repair install and I have
uninstalled word and reinstalled word. No effect. I have given my
normal.dot a new name and copied by wife's normal.dot to my "documents

and
settings, me, applications, micrsoft, templates. None of that helps.