Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default word locks up under my login but works perfectly for wife's lo

Who are your family in Fairhope? I'll let Graham take it from here because
you're already off into that gray and shady area that I know nothing about.

"laneymills" wrote in message
I have family in Fairhope and have been there often.

A search of the whole computer turned up *three* copies of that file. I
unregistered all three of them, one at a time.

I turned off the machine and rebooted. I still get the dialog box that
Norton Antivirus real time protection is unable to load and the machine

takes
rather longer than usual to boot up.

And when I launch Word I no long get the "requesting virus scan"! mirable
edictu!!

However, then word goes into "not responding".

Then I log out and go into my wife's login. Word comes up fine and runs
beautifully!

How in the work can that happen. The word install is for all users, so I

am
assuming I am talking to the very same installation.

Thanks in advance for your help.

ps I do have some programs that I unintentionally did install just under

my
login but really wanted them under all users. Do you know off the top of
your head how to reclassify those program?

Laney

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a bit different in the Corporate Edition.

Search for : officeav.dll

If you find it then go to Start/Run and run the following command:

regsvr32 /u "path\officeav.dll"

Here is a KB article that provides a few additional details. It does
not include information on Norton CE but it will contain additional
details on the unregister command if you need them:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"laneymills" wrote in message
Is that disabling done somewhere in word or somewhere in norton

antivirus.
am using my universitiy's norton antivirus corporate edition version

10.
don't see in its configuration anywhere to disable word from its list

of
attention.

Thanks, lrm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Start by disabling the Office Plug-in in Norton AntiVirus in your

profile.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"laneymills" wrote in message
word locks up under my login but works perfectly for wife's login.

It's
windows xp professional. Also I have the dreaded "requesting

virsu
scan"
45
second delay every time I open word. Under my wife's login, I

don't
get
the
"requesting virus scan". I have done a word repair install and I

have
uninstalled word and reinstalled word. No effect. I have given

my
normal.dot a new name and copied by wife's normal.dot to my

"documents
and
settings, me, applications, micrsoft, templates. None of that

helps.