Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default word locks up under my login but works perfectly for wife's lo

Betty Jo is one of my former clients! Crown & Colony still exists (it has
moved about a bit), but I rather think Betty Jo may have sold it to someone
else.

Yes, Graham will see your posts here, but, as he's in Cyprus, since he
hasn't responded by now, it may be tomorrow before he checks in again.

"laneymills" wrote in message
Hi,

My ex wife's sister Betty Jo Haynie used to (maybe still does) run the

Crown
and Colony store in Fairhope. Her ex husband Bill Haynie, lived on the

bay
on the Dauphine Island Expressway, but his house was ruined by the storm

and
he just recently bought a place in Daphne.

I'm from Bogalusa, La.

Should I write directly to Graham or is he likely to see this note?

I guess my focus right now is why does word run fine under my wife's

login
but crashes (not responding) under mine. We have gotten far enough to

get
rid of the "requesting virsu scan" so that is a step forward.

Thanks again. lrm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Who are your family in Fairhope? I'll let Graham take it from here

because
you're already off into that gray and shady area that I know nothing

about.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"laneymills" wrote in message
I have family in Fairhope and have been there often.

A search of the whole computer turned up *three* copies of that file.

unregistered all three of them, one at a time.

I turned off the machine and rebooted. I still get the dialog box

that
Norton Antivirus real time protection is unable to load and the

machine
takes
rather longer than usual to boot up.

And when I launch Word I no long get the "requesting virus scan"!

mirable
edictu!!

However, then word goes into "not responding".

Then I log out and go into my wife's login. Word comes up fine and

runs
beautifully!

How in the work can that happen. The word install is for all users,

so I
am
assuming I am talking to the very same installation.

Thanks in advance for your help.

ps I do have some programs that I unintentionally did install just

under
my
login but really wanted them under all users. Do you know off the top

of
your head how to reclassify those program?

Laney

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a bit different in the Corporate Edition.

Search for : officeav.dll

If you find it then go to Start/Run and run the following command:

regsvr32 /u "path\officeav.dll"

Here is a KB article that provides a few additional details. It does
not include information on Norton CE but it will contain additional
details on the unregister command if you need them:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"laneymills" wrote in message
Is that disabling done somewhere in word or somewhere in norton

antivirus.
am using my universitiy's norton antivirus corporate edition

version
10.
don't see in its configuration anywhere to disable word from its

list
of
attention.

Thanks, lrm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Start by disabling the Office Plug-in in Norton AntiVirus in

your
profile.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"laneymills" wrote in

message
word locks up under my login but works perfectly for wife's

login.
It's
windows xp professional. Also I have the dreaded "requesting

virsu
scan"
45
second delay every time I open word. Under my wife's login, I

don't
get
the
"requesting virus scan". I have done a word repair install

and I
have
uninstalled word and reinstalled word. No effect. I have

given
my
normal.dot a new name and copied by wife's normal.dot to my

"documents
and
settings, me, applications, micrsoft, templates. None of that

helps.