WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Find and Replace blocks of text within brackets

Hi Mike,

Yes, there is a way to find and replace blocks of text within brackets in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps:
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Press Ctrl + H on your keyboard to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
  3. In the "Find what" field, type \[*\] (including the brackets). This will search for any text that is enclosed within brackets.
  4. In the "Replace with" field, type [XX] (including the brackets). This will replace the text within brackets with [XX].
  5. Click on the "Replace All" button to replace all instances of the text within brackets with [XX].

Note: This will replace all instances of text within brackets in your document. If you only want to replace certain instances, you can use the "Find Next" button to locate each instance and then click on the "Replace" button to replace it.