Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ever green Ever green is offline

Default Help with using bookmarks & {Ref}

On Monday, July 29, 2019 at 6:31:08 PM UTC-7, DCantora wrote:
Hi All,

I am working on a company wide meeting agenda that has 10 agenda items.
Each item will have it's own table for taking notes or actions (each
table is just 1 row with either 2 or 3 cells), and I want those to
collate @ the bottom of the document in tables so they can be easily
shared or moved to the top for the next meeting to be reviewed as the
past meeting notes / actions.

Using bookmarks seems to be the only way I can do this, but I run in to
two problems:

Issue 1. If I use the bookmark for all 3 cells then each row is pasted
at the bottom of the doc as its own table and I can't merge them
together.
2. Because the text has to be entered after the doc is created, I can't
bookmark a specific word. The only work around for this is to put a
dozen or so spaces and hope the person clicks in the middle of them
somewhere to start typing - but this means the end result at the bottom
is an uneven array of text (looks unprofessional)

The images attached are named Issue 1 (showing what I want, but what
happens) & Issue 2 for the above.

Does anyone know how to either
1. Bookmark a section before text is written to it and have the written
text appear in the {ref bookmark} section?
2. Know how to copy several independent rows of cells and have them for
a single table?

|Filename: Issue 1 - bookmarks.JPG |
|Download: http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=241|
|Filename: Issue 2 - bookmarks.JPG |