Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Title page

I'm looking for suggestions on formatting the title page to my thesis.
This is supposed to be centered vertically on the page, with several
blocks of text for the title, the school and department, the degree and
my name... it is quite easy to do if I just put carriage returns
between lines, but I often see, in reading posts on this group, that I
shouldn't do this... more immediately, when I shift the document from
my home to school computers, these spaces get messed up. Is there an
appropriate way to do this with styles?

thanks,
mike