Jay Freedman

Hi Bullwinkle,

It's not that simple at all, since Office -- like most Windows
programs -- depends on a large number of entries in the registry that
can't be saved through a reformat of the OS drive. It doesn't matter
whether Office is installed on the OS drive or another drive; after a
reformat and reinstallation of Windows, you're going to have to
reinstall Office.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 00:29:32 -0500, "Bullwinkle. J. Moose"
wrote:

I suggest that the next time you consider reformatting your hard drive, you
set up at least an additional logical drive and place your programs there.
Then when you reformat and reinstall the os your programs are not affected.
Of course it's not that simple you need to save your system and system 32
directories from windows so you can copy back the library files that the
program installations put there.

Good luck.

"Vic" wrote in message
I just reformated my PC and after installing Office 2003 it can not be
activated again over the Internet.

Is there a solution for that?

Thanks,

Vic.