Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Mark Gordon

Default Pasting Text Into Form Field In Table Changes Alignement

I have a problem with a label template. This is a simplified example.

I have a table with two rows and two columns. The columns are page width. I
set each cell to center horizontally and vertically. I insert a text form
field into each cell and lock the form.

In notepad I create a 3 line address and copy it to the clipboard.

When I paste this "address" into each field in my form the bottom left cell
doesn't hold onto it's formatting. The first 2 lines become left justified.
If I have press delete in the cell first the entire field maintains its
centering (but I have to delete the extra spaces).

In fact, If I create a 5 row, single column table and repeat the above,
every cell but the first one loses its centering.

I am at a lost.