Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default I do not see the "bookmark" option under "Insert"... why not?

No need to do that. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm for other options.
But you should not be seeing an arrow if you have disabled adaptive menus
(that is, if you have checked "Always show full menus" in Word 2002 or 2003
or cleared the check box for "Menus show recently used items first" in Word
2000).

"Dawn" wrote in message
Susanne,

I disabled the adaptive menus... and reset te usage data... it now shows a
continuation arrow at the bottom of the screen with a lot of blank lines
inbetween. If I hold the mouse over the down arrow long enough (about 5
seconds), the rest of the options show up... I must have something
corrupted... but at least I now know where they are... all the Wor updates
are applied., so I know it's not hat. When I have some extra time, I can
reinstall Word and reapply the updates, etc.... at least now I know they

are
there... thanks so much! -Dawn

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have adaptive menus enabled? (Tools | Customize | Options)

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Dawn" wrote in message
I also cannot see these other "insert" options: Textbox, diagrams,

Files,
Objects, Hyperlinks... ???