Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Douglas

Default Why does word close down when I try to save or open a document

Thanks very much, problem now solved

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

A Windows update has probably caused this - You can remove it from
Add/Remove Programs, where it shows as "Security Update for Windows XP
(KB908531)". Make sure the "show updates" box at the
top is ticked or you won't see hotfixes in the list. Set Windows not to
automatically install updates or it will come straight back.

Mike Douglas wrote:
Whenever i try to "Save As" or even open a new document, Word seems
to just close down on me, with the mesage "the program is not
responding". What has happened here. I have downloaded all the latest
updates, and I have also scanned my pc for bugs (none found). This
has been happening for several days now.