Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Automated Merge Reports

Sounds like you may be trying to perform a "multiple items per condition
(=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

or at:

http://cornell.veplan.net/article.aspx?&a=3815

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Look2TheSky2" wrote in message
I have a directory style merge document that extracts data from an external
source based on the criteria I select using the add recipients button.

This merged report is run many times in one session with the 12-15
different
individual reports created based on different recipient criteria.

Rather than manually going through the process of changing the recipient
information for eachreport, is there a way I can automate this document,
so
that at a push of a button perhaps, all the reports are calculated based
on
their individual criteria without any user input?