Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Astigmatic Owl Astigmatic Owl is offline

Default Word 2007 book fold printing images in wrong place

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Unfortunately, quite a few people have reported this problem. So far I
haven't seen a good solution.

wrote in message
Hello,

I'm having a problem with Word's book fold option and wondering if
anybody has had the same (and possibly has a solution!).

Example, four page booklet. When printing, the first sheet has page 1
on the right, and page 4 on the left, as it should. But any graphics
I place on page 1 incorrectly print over the material on page 4. They
don't print on page 1 where they should.

I've tried printing to PDF, using different printers, etc., but it
still happens. I actually remember this problem in Word 2003 as well,
but I can't test it at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Walt Rice

If the document is not too large, save it in PDF format and print from Adobe
Reader. Adobe will print it as a single signature.

Another alternative is to save it back to .DOC format (Word 97-2003).
This may cause some changes in formating, but the pictures will print
correctly.

- Astigmatic Owl,
Fighting this problem since May 2007