Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ab ab is offline

Default Is this possible...?

But is there any way I can have a 'hidden' indication of the documents I
have typed?

By the way, they don't use my PC, they open the documents off the server
where everything is stored.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
If the users have free rein to do what they want on this PC, there is
nothing you can do about their mistakes.

ab wrote:
Unfortunately, not in this case!

Any other ideas on the original question, please?

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Rocking the boat was always one of the most enjoyable things about
working

josi wrote:
If only it were that easy! They won't do that. All the letters are
on the server and nothing will stop them using Save As...
It would be better if they would just change the reference but "it
has always been done like this" - i.e. when they have had previous
typists. I'm only an employee and don't want to rock the boat.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
The first thing to do is to stop your colleagues using old letters
as a basis for new ones and create proper templates.
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm. which put their
own reference details in the masthead automatically.

josi wrote:
This may seem a very strange question but is something I have been
thinking about for a while. This is the situation:

I work in an office as the only typist for several people. At the
top of letters is a reference made up of the initials, in upper
case, of the person who has dictated (or handwritten) the letter
followed by an oblique stroke and my initials (in lower case
letters). So far, so good. However, if I am absent for any
reason, the people
type their own letters by using a previous document and Save
As..., or even type a letter from scratch. They always use the
same reference at the top of the letter (i.e. including my
initials). Apart from an element of pride (I confess!) as they aren't
very
accurate typists, this can lead to confusion when at some future
date, they query something which I have supposedly typed.

What I would love to do is to find some way of unobtrusively
indicating in a document when I have actually typed it. I have
thought of entering somethng in the document properties but that
wouldn't work when they use Save As...
Any ideas, please?